Music therapist, Ryan Judd, works with children, adolescents and adults with special needs, address developmental goals in the following areas:
* Speech and communication – Singing custom written songs, i.e. Big Bear Takes a Bubble Bath, to isolate speech sounds and get lots of repetition without monotony.
* Fine and gross motor – Using traditional and adaptive percussive instruments, like maracas, to address specific fine and gross motor skills.
* Academic – Putting academic information into a song format so that recall is improved.
* Social skill development—Music Therapy groups where clients practice greetings, turn taking, eye contact, requesting, self-expression, collaboration, etc., through musical activities.
* Behavioral – Creating songs and musical stories about appropriate behavior.
* Social-Emotional – Using songs to teach a client how to identify feelings and use coping strategies when they are feeling over whelmed.
Web: Web site
Phone: (603) 793-1941