The New Hampshire Bar Association serves the public through:
- Providing free legal referrals through the Modest Means Program and the NH Free Legal Answers Program.
- Creating and providing a variety of Legal Education resources offered to K-12 .
- Assisting the public in understanding their role in the legal system, for example jury duty, and meaning of an attorney client relationship.
- Providing references to a variety of online legal resources for the public.
- Supporting civil legal services and civics education through its philanthropic arm; New Hampshire Bar Foundation.
Lawyer Referral – Need a Lawyer? Trained staff will match you with a qualified attorney who practices in the area of law you need. LRS attorneys are insured members in good standing of the NH Bar Association and will provide up to a 30-minute consultation.
Domestic Violence Emergency (DOVE) Project – The Domestic Violence Emergency (DOVE) Project is a program of the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Pro Bono Referral Program that provides victims of violence and stalking with emergency legal services. DOVE is operated in partnership with domestic violence service agencies throughout NH and relies on the donated services of specially trained attorneys.
The DOVE Project provides free legal representation to qualifying clients at final Domestic Violence and Stalking Restraining Order hearings.
To be represented by a volunteer DOVE attorney, you must contact a local New Hampshire domestic violence crisis service agency. Call 1-866-644-3574, available 24 hours a day to be connected with a domestic violence or stalking advocate.
Web: Web site
Phone: (603) 224-6942