Drs. Delmolino and Harris, experienced clinicians and ABA therapists, eliminate the confusion and guesswork by outlining the pivotal steps parents can take now to optimize learning and functioning for children age 5 and younger. The book covers:
– early indicators of ASD in children younger than 3 years
– behaviors of 3 to 5 year olds with a confirmed diagnosis
– research about effective treatments & teaching methods
– strategies for boosting play, communication & self-help skills
– support for the rest of the family
Case studies and a review of evidence-based interventions and proven practices help parents prepare a strong foundation for their child’s future development.