NH Family Voices, Family to Family Health Information Center is staffed by parents of children and young adults with special health care needs/disabilities. As parents, we also travel through the maze of services and programs designed to help our kids, so we understand the issues that families face. We provide options and advice, offer a multitude of resources, and tap into a network of other families and professionals to help provide you with support and information.
Our Services include:
- Individual assistance by telephone
- Help in understanding how to navigate through systems (health,human services, education, and health care financing).
- Assisting families to make more informed decisions about their children’s health care and be better able to participate in systems building activities in their communities and within NH
- Information and resources via mail, e-mail, social media, YouTube, Pinterest and our website.
- A private Facebook group of over 800 members, many of whom are also maneuvering the systems of care for their children and youth with special health care needs/disabilities.
- Trainings for families on topics such as healthcare financing, best practices and family/professional partnerships.
- A lending library with over 2,600 titles geared specifically towards our kids and families.
- Parent to Parent support when you just need to talk to someone.
“These activities are supported by NHDHHS, Special Medical Services and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant # H84MC09488 Family To Family Health Information Centers, Grant award $95,700. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.”