SPECIAL OPEN ENROLLMENT ANNOUNCEMENT
On August 1, 2019 Open Enrollment for NH Medicaid recipients begins.You or someone in your household can change your Medicaid Health Plan during the Special Open Enrollment period. You have three choices to choose from beginning August 1, 2019.
If you wish to remain with your current Health Plan, you do not need to do anything – your coverage will continue and the Health Plan you have will remain in effect. If you want to change to a different Health Plan, please go to NH Easy at https://nheasy.nh.gov/#/ or call the Medicaid Service Center (NH Only) at 1-888-901-4999 (TDD Access: 1-800-735-2964), Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 4:00 p.m. ET no later than August 30, 2019 at 4:00 pm. Your new plan coverage will start on September 1, 2019.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR NH MEDICAID’S MEDICAID CARE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM SPECIAL OPEN ENROLLMENT For Medicaid Managed Care plan members:
- Open enrollment is August 1 through August 30, 2019.
- There are three Health Plans to choose from – AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire, NH Healthy Families, and Well Sense Health Plan.
- Effective September 1, 2019, all of the Health Plans must use the State’s Preferred Drug List (PDL). Impacted current members will receive information from their Health Plans about how this impacts their prescriptions.
- Effective September 1, 2019, members must use either the Family and Friends Mileage Reimbursement Program or public transportation for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation unless they qualify for a ride. Plans rules are available in the new Member Handbooks (on Plan websites by August 1).
- Members will be able to change Health Plans one-time between September 1 and November 29 as a result of the State’s new Health Plan contracts.
- New Member Handbooks (to be effective September 1, 2019) will be available on plan websites by August 1.
AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire’s website will be live Monday July 22.
For more information, contact the Medicaid Service Center (NH Only) at 1-888-901-4999 (TDD Access: 1-800-735-2964), Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 4:00 p.m. ET.
Here are some documents to assist you with making an informed decision: