Working Effectively with Your Student Who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing
June 1, 2018 –
- How does hearing work (or not)?
- What are some types and causes of hearing loss?
- How do I read an audiogram? (please bring your student's audiogram)
- What is the impact of hearing loss on language and speech development?
- What are some educational implications of hearing loss?
- What are some helpful accommodations and modifications I can make in my teaching?
- How can I facilitate communication in the classroom?
- How do hearing aids and cochlear implants work? How can I troubleshoot them?
- What is an FM/DM system and why is one so often recommended?
- How do I use and troubleshoot and FM/DM system effectively?
- What other assistive devices might my student use?
- How can I create an accessible and welcoming classroom for all of my students?
125 Airport Road