iCreATe for Paralysis Project-Concord
May 24, 2017 –
Join Assistive Technology in New Hampshire (ATinNH) for an Assistive Technology Makers Workshop. This hands-on workshop will empower participants with the knowledge, skills, tools and materials to create assistive technology solutions in minutes. Over the course of the day-long workshop, participants will fabricate a variety of solutions to support individuals who experience paralysis.
These workshops are brought to you through a grant from the High Impact Innovative Technology Assistance Grant Program through the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. Participants will fabricate five devices for themselves or to give to someone affected. These devices could include independent living aids such as:
- Adjustable universal cuffs for eating and drinking
- Cup holders for wheelchairs, canes, crutches and walkers
- One-handed and hands-free iPad holders for tables, walkers, recliners, etc.
- Devices for food preparation, dressing, bathing, transferring and self-care
- Devices for outdoor tasks
- Devices to reduce slips and falls
- Solutions for virtual participation in community events and activities
This workshop is only open to New Hampshire residents.