Working Effectively with Your Student Who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing
June 2, 2017 –
Subjects addressed in this workshop include:
- How does hearing work (or not)?
- What are some types and causes of hearing loss?
- How do I read an audiogram? (Please bring your student's audiogram)
- What is the impact of hearing loss on language and speech development?
- What are some educational implications of hearing loss?
- What are some helpful modifications I can make in my teaching?
- How can I facilitate communication in the classroom?
- How do hearing aids and cochlear implants work and how can I troubleshoot them?
- What is an FM system and why is one so often recommended?
- How do I use and troubleshoot an FM system effectively?
- What other assistive devices might my student use?
- How can I create an accessible and welcoming classroom for all of my students?
Certificates for 5.5 professional development hours will be given.
Crotched Mountain ATECH Services Training Room
57 Regional Drive, Suite #7, Concord, NH 03301
$129 which includes continental breakfast and lunch
Three or more individuals from a school team may register for and attend on the same date at $109 each.
(Forms must be mailed or faxed together)
$50 for family member
For questions about the workshop or how to register, please contact:
Crotched Mountain ATECH Services at 603-226-2900, ext. 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org